ITEC 493 – Fall 2018
1. A(n) ____ is a program that secretly attaches itself to a legitimate “carrier,” such as adocument or program, and then executes when that document is opened or program islaunched.
2. A(n) ____ is a set of software tools used by an intruder to break into a computer,obtain special privileges to perform unauthorized functions, and then hide all traces of itsexistence.
3. A(n) ____ is a computer program or a part of a program that lies dormant until it istriggered by a specific logical event, such as a certain date reached on the systemcalendar or a drop below a previous level of a person’s rank in an organization.
4. ____ is a general term used for describing software that imposes upon a user’s privacyor security.
5. A(n) ____ is either a small hardware device or a program that monitors each keystrokea user types on the computer’s keyboard.
6. What is a backdoor?
7. Describe main difference/s between virus and worm
8. Modern virus scanners can detect viruses by their signatures. One technique used bysome viruses to avoid detection is called the Swiss cheese infection. Explain thistechnique.
9. Can encryption be used by viruses to conceal themselves? Explain
10. Consider the code fragment below. What type of malware is it? Explain
11. Consider the code fragment below. What type of malware is it? Explain
12. Suppose you have a new Smartphone and are excited about the range of appsavailable for it. You read about a really interesting new game that is available for yourphone. You do a quick Web search for it, and see that a version is available from one ofthe free marketplaces. When you download and start to install this app, you are asked toapprove the access permission granted to it. You see that it wants permission to “SendSMS messages” and to “Access your address-book.” Should you be suspicious that agame wants these types of permissions? What threat might the app pose to yourSmartphone, should you grant these permissions and proceed to install it? What types ofmalware might it be?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
We are here to help you